Garlic knots are a favorite at many pizza joints. This recipe gives you an easy way to make them at home.
Garlic Knots (Source)
2 lbs store-bought pizza dough, thawed at room temperature
All purpose flour for rolling dough
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Preheat 350F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half, keeping half covered under a kitchen towel. Roll out the other half on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin, creating a 10-inch square. If the dough is very stiff, use your hands to stretch it.
- Cut the 10-inch square in half with a sharp knife or pizza wheel to form two rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 12 strips (the cuts should be made so that the strips are shorter and thicker, rather than longer and thinner.)
- Tie each strip into a knot and then arrange the knots on the lined backing sheets. Cover them with a kitchen towel, while you repeat the rolling, cutting and tying process with the second half of the dough.
- Bake the knots for 5 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- While knots bake, grate the garlic cloves using a Microplane and combine with olive oil and butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Cook just until butter has melted and mixture is warmed. Remove from heat and stir in chopped parsley.
- Immediately after baking, brush the baked knots with the garlic mixture and sprinkle with kosher salt. Serve warm.